
Hi Everyone! Well, I am going to give this blog thing a try :) so bear with me! Yesterday & today have been another wonderful whirlwind as far as getting things accomplished. Daniel got his UK drivers license (mine next week), we got our car (damaged in transit but they paid us), & began the most exciting part...house hunting! We went both days & never saw an ugly house or one that wouldnt "work". We could have lived in them all. The first was a gorgeous English Cottage but the rooms were very small (understatement) & not very practical for anyone who has seen our furniture. The next was a beautiful newly redone home with all of the American amenities you could imagine...BRAND NEW EVERYTHING! Great yard, kitchen, etc. I of course wanted that kitchen immediately but my wonderful husband in his infinite wisdom knew we should wait. Keep in mind I havent had a home of my own since the 10th of July so I am more than ready to have somewhere to call home & its just a bonus that its in England! :) Anyways, we waited & visited an old converted castle today just hopeing that it would be the one...and it was. The name of it is The Langtry. It is gorgeous brick on the outside with ivy growing up the side in a quaint little village about 12 miles from the base. It was the home of King Edward's mistress, a famous British actress, that he built for her. It has the King's crest carved into the fireplace & in the stained glass windows. It has 4 large bedrooms (one of which was the Kings Suite & looks as such), living room, parlor, dining room with a real built in bar from the days when it was a hotel (which would be much cooler if we drank), den (that will be a play room), kitchen, outroom, large foyer, walk-in cubby (as I call it - just a cool place built into the wall to hang coats, put shoes, & a table for a catch all), hand carved wooden staircase, landing, sitting room, 2 full bathrooms, 1 half bath & a large walled in garden (thats a yard to us crazy Americans). Each bedroom & "community" room contains its own fireplace :) It truly is amazing & seems WAY TOO GOOD to be true. We have already claimed the house & it has been taken off of the market just some technical things like the owner moving out being the biggest & also an inspection by the base next Tuesday. I will be on pins & needles each minute until its "ours".
We are going to London tomorrow so Charley will finally believe we are in England. She keeps telling people here that she is moving to England & going to see "the Big Clock, his name is Ben". So we are taking her to see Ben. Not sure what else we will get into but I am sure I will have plenty to update you on after getting back especially since we are driving there (on the "wrong" side of the road :) not as easy as it looks) & then getting on the tube. Love you all & truly hope you can all visit us while we are here!
We are going to London tomorrow so Charley will finally believe we are in England. She keeps telling people here that she is moving to England & going to see "the Big Clock, his name is Ben". So we are taking her to see Ben. Not sure what else we will get into but I am sure I will have plenty to update you on after getting back especially since we are driving there (on the "wrong" side of the road :) not as easy as it looks) & then getting on the tube. Love you all & truly hope you can all visit us while we are here!
8 comments:
Oh yay, yay yay!! I'm so glad you have a blog now!! It makes me a little less sad that you live so far away :). I am however very happy that you are getting to live your dream..and I am planning living vicariously through you. And as soon as I can afford that plane ticket I'm SO THERE!!!
That place looks great! I hope you get all the final ppwk nailed down so you can move on it! Have a blast!
Sounds AWESOME - Love Ya - Give em all hugs Dad/Pops Oh yeah Sheryl order me a camera for my computer so I may even get to SEE You soon!!
I saw the pictures on Facebook. I love the house! Keep us posted!
Wow, that is awesome! Was this one of the ones you were looking at from here, it sounded familure? Charley, Leah loves your house, she wants to live in a castle like a princess too! I hope it all works out. How may hours ahead are you? When is it a good time to try and skype you?
Oh Ashley!! I love your castle and am so happy for you! It'll look BEAUTIFUL with your american wallpaper! ;) I love you!
So, you are telling me that you get to live in England and in a freakin CASTLE???? Meanwhile, I am living in Montgomery, with two roommates in a rented house (that the rent just went up on), and my Dr just advised me that I am at my "fertility peak!" Honestly! what's wrong with this picture? ;^) Glad you got a house with a bedroom for me!!! Love ya'll and miss you already!
so excited for you guys! i didn't know yall had a blog! check ours out too! we can't wait to come visit! it looks so amazing! we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers daily! love yall, pat2 and butterbean
blog.patwright.net
Post a Comment