are officially over as of today! The Holidays for me start with Halloween & end with my wonderful husband's birthday (yesterday)! Christmas was amazing this year for so many reasons. The biggest of which was having 2 sets of family come over from the states to spend the Holidays with us. My Mom & Priya were here for Christmas & we went over to Paris. Then the Hope's came over for New Year's. The kids were the best part of Christmas as they are the best part of everyday for me so that is no surprise! They lit up with joy as they opened everyone of the literally almost 100 gifts once you count all the family sent over from the state's. No one needs that many toys. You will be glad to know we are donating lots of "old" still perfectly good toys very soon. I of course did WAY TOO MUCH like always & feel stupid come January every year when I realize how very little the presents actually matter to the kids. It really is more fun for me to buy them than it is for them to open that many gifts! They really just want a few gifts from Santa & time from everyone! My New Year's Resolution #1 is to not go overboard next year for Christmas & I intend to keep it this time! Daniel got me the sweetest gift ever...it is a picture box & I will post pics because it is too good for words. I also got lots of decor for the house that he knows I have had my eye on. Daniel got a Wii, accessories, & an outdoor fireplace that will come in handy here with this cold! I believe the family all enjoyed the gifts we picked out for them...it is my favorite part of Christmas watching everyone open the gifts I have carefully selected for them. We had a great visit with both sets of family though vastly different. We burned the candle at both ends with Mom & ran her ragged (sorry Mom it will be better next time) & then with the Hope's we just spent a lot of time together which was amazing! As you can imagine loads of stories from both visits but not enough time to write them. After we got both families on the plane & home safely life went back to normal.
Daniel turned 27 years old yesterday & each year I am more & more proud to be his wife & of course just love him more & more each day. The kids & I decorated his office (in High School Musical that the kids picked out), left yummy fresh baked Brownies, & blew up 25 red balloons to fill his office. The reason I mention that it was 25 is because when I told Daniel I blew up the whole pack of balloons myself & there were 25 of them he said "Do you mean that I am so old now that I have made it out of 1 pack of balloons?" I followed it up with "Yep & I had to buy 3 packs of candles to get to 27 " :) He is just so funny! For anyone who doesnt know what it is like to spend time with Daniel you are truly missing out. He is one of the funniest people in the world...very clever & witty & just SO MUCH FUN!!! That is the reason I miss him so much while he is at work. He works so hard for so many hours every week. We often wish he DID get paid by the hour because money would definitley not be a problem then :). When he isnt here I just miss him! Anyways, after we decorated his office the kids brought him a balloon each that they picked out for him...1 Princess & 1 Winnie the Pooh that he enjoyed very much! After he got home (we will leave out how very late he actually made it home) we had a mini birthday party with his favorite cake & milk of course. Homemade Pizza for dinner & then opened his gifts from the kids & me. We got him all things to relax with at HOME so maybe he will want to spend a little more time here...he found it very funny :). He got a really warm, very soft manly robe (which you need here because it is so cold during the winter) from me. Charley got him new socks which is an inside joke with them because she always tells him how bad his feet stink after wearing combat boots all day. I managed to find these new socks that are "Non stinky socks" & supposedly repel the stink...Charley loved telling him that his feet wouldnt smell like a boy anymore! And he loved that they came from Charley. (insert here anyone who knew me when I was little mine & my Dads favorite gift of all time were his "$5 socks" he got from me one Christmas! Love you Dad!) Anyways, Colin got him some new gloves because he had to borrow Uncle Seans last week but they had to go back to the US so he needed some of his own & Colin picked them out. He also got new houseshoes that aren't suppose to be able to smell (same brand as socks) & an ice scraper because obviously we have never needed one until now & we have been using a flimsy cutting board...not very successfully might I add :). Anyway, I think he had a great birthday & we all had a wonderful Holiday. Maybe some other time I can add in some of the very funny stories from our adventures with the family in December! I will upload a pic of my favorite present soon! I love you all!!!
Quick shout out about 2 things I am SOOOOO excited about & feel the need to let everyone know since I dont get to gush over them in person:
*Finding out if my very best friend is going to give me a niece or a new nephew...I dont think anyone knows how happy I am that Kristen is pregnant! We have dreamed of having kids together our whole lives & I am going to love this little one just like my own & spoil "it" SOOOO much just like she has done mine! My bet is thats its a boy for the record! Love you C$!!!!
* Finding out where the Gryzen's will be stationed...keep your fingers crossed EVERYONE!!!
Thank you to everyone for being a part of our lives!!! Happy 2009!!!
Friday, 9 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment